Winter, Christmas, and December
Teaching Resources and Lesson Plans
Teachers Have Class! Issue #25
Welcome to the 25th newsletter of Teachers Have Class from Unique Teaching Resources!
In this Winter, Christmas, and December edition of Teachers Have Class you will find the following free teaching resources:
- Winter Tree Writing Templates (bulletin board display banner and printable worksheets)
- Stocking Sticker Chart
(general sticker chart set)
- Solve Santa's Puzzles
(math powerpoint presentation)
- Printable Calendar for December
- General December, Winter, and Christmas Writing Prompts
- Specific December Writing Prompts
If you are looking for ideas for winter or Christmas writing prompts, you will find a large list of journal ideas and topics in
this edition of Teachers Have Class that you can use with your students this December.
For specific December dates, holidays, and events (see the list below), I have included ideas for creative writing prompts, fun student projects, related videos, suggestions for read aloud books, and links to useful websites that provide additional information and teaching resources related to that particular holiday.
- Late November to Late December - Hanukkah
- December 1 - Rosa Parks
- December 5 - Mozart's Birthday
- December 5 - Walt Disney's Birthday
- December 7 - Letter Writing Day
- December 10 - Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony
- December 21 or 22 - Winter Solstice/First Day of Winter
- December 25 - Christmas
- December 26 - January 1 - Kwanzaa
Click here to go to the Christmas and December 2011
Edition of Teachers Have Class!
If the above link does not work for you, copy and paste the address below into your navigation bar in order to read the December 2011 edition of Teachers Have Class!
Thank you for your interest in subscribing to my newsletter.
Remember to download your free teaching resources within
5 days of the date that this newsletter was sent.
Sincerely, Heidi McDonald
Creator and Site Manager
Unique Teaching Resources